- 8 December 2009
- Thunderbird is now officially available in Vietnamese with the release of version 3.0!
- 5 July 2009
- Build 334 of the AVIM extension has been released. The new release includes various bug fixes.
- 30 June 2009
- Firefox 3.5 is now available for download! This is the first official release in Vietnamese. See Hùng’s announcement for more details.
- 3 June 2008
- Vietnamese Dictionary 1.0 is available for download. More information…
- Firefox 3.5, Thunderbird 3.0, and other Mozilla projects are being translated at Narro.
- ActiveState Komodo, Komodo Edit, and many Firefox extensions are being translated separately at BabelZilla.
- Songbird is being translated with the Songbird translation tool.
- AVIM is an extension that allows you to type in Vietnamese without a special keyboard or software. [Install]
- The Vietnamese Dictionary addon enables Vietnamese spell-checking in textboxes, based on the FVDP wordlist. [Install]
- Translators are always welcome at Firefox Support.
“vi” was Minh Nguyễn’s Summer of Code project to localize Mozilla Thunderbird 1.5 into Vietnamese, under the mentorship of mozdev’s David Boswell. Google’s Summer of Code 2005 only allowed individuals to participate, so this project originally did not accept outside contributions. Nguyễn Mạnh Hùng is now leading the effort to release official Vietnamese localizations for Firefox 3.1 and Thunderbird 3.0. If you’re interested in helping out, please contact him.